New in 2014, Simcoe bikes represent an ambitious revival of the mid-20th-century North American town bike, with a heavy nod toward England's Raleigh imports of the same period. Designed in Toronto, these are what Jane Jacobs would ride, except she was known to go without fenders and a rack. Stylish, comfortable, and above all resilient, these are designed with decades of daily service in mind. Comparisons to our Linus bikes are inevitable: these are in the same vein but nicer in dozens of small ways, accordingly a bit more expensive.
- 3 or 7 speeds, naturally internal
- Brooks B68 saddles, discontinued no more!
- High-spec roller brakes on Signature 7sp models
- Schwalbe tires
- Lovely biplane fork crown, supple blades
- Almost complete chainguard.