NOTE: THIS SOFTWARE DOES NOT WORK WITH CURRENT VERSIONS OF LIGHTSPEED. IT IS NOT SUPPORTED. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
This plugin allows you to pull data from your Lightspeed webstore and display it in WordPress
- Install the plugin folder into wp-content/plugins
- Activate the plugin in WordPress
- Create two new pages in WordPress: one for search results and one to act as a landing for product links. More on those below.
- Specify those pages in the plugin settings
- Enter your webstore URL
- Enter your webstore database information. It will tell you if there’s an error connecting.
Plugin specific wordpress pages
Your search page should contain at least the following
[xls_products searchresults=true limit=0 paginate=”true”]
and your product landing page should have
[xls_products productlink=”true” autorun=”true”]
NOTE: I’ve only tested the product landing page function with the “Day and name” permalink structure. If you use the default I think you’ll have trouble linking from pages in the webstore back to pages in wordpress because appending the query string properly will be more difficult.
There are two widgets included with the plugin: Mini Cart and Search Box. The minicart will probably only be useful if you’re replacing your webstore with wordpress.
Changes to your webstore installation
- Unpack the webstore zip file
- Place the files in the folders that they belong in
- Modify your webstore configuration file and add the following lines
- Change these to match your setup
define (‘BLOG_ROOT‘, ‘http://clevercycles.com/blog/’);
define (‘BLOG_PRODUCT_PAGE‘, ‘p/’);
define (‘REFERER_CHECK‘, false);
The referer check ensures that visitors don’t end up looking at a stripped down version of your webstore when they should be seeing your blog’s product pages instead.
You’ll need to heavily modify your webstore templates in order to make them work in a lightbox. If you just want links from your blog to your store then you can skip this.